Thursday, February 11, 2010

Birds of a Feather

You've all heard the saying "Birds of a feather flock together." Well it's true. Think about it. When you are around your friends and they are angry, you become angry at their situation and project your anger onto the person they are angry with. I'm not sure why we have a belief that if we agree with their anger, they will somehow feel better. Really when you think about it, it makes absolutely NO SENSE. All we are doing when we add our "thought" with those who are angry, negative, disappointed etc... is fueling the fire of an illusion.

Don't get me wrong, hard times will come. However, is there really comfort in having someone join you in your misery? Are you growing when your friends agree that you should be livid? What do you really get from of this?

I've been abundantly blessed with friends who don't just agree with me for the sake of agreeing. They've always been pretty honest with me, and most times when I'm feeling down, they do their best to lift me up. If I have only fifty cents left to my name, they add another fifty cents so I'll have $1.

It's so important for us to surround ourselves with people who will celebrate you NO MATTER WHAT. People who can see their way through any hardship, and instead of asking debilitating questions such as "why did this happen to me?" (like we all have done so many times before) they ask "what am I to learn from this?" And thus turn a negative into a positive.

It's a new day! A new year! There is new hope and bliss just lingering around you. take advantage! Survey your life and the people within. REALLY LOOK! Let no one be exempt from this. You may have to let some people go. You may have to be stronger for the weak ones in your life. Whatever the case, don't be afraid to stand on the grounds of hope and happiness. It may not be necessary for you to exclude people from your life, but it is vital that you exclude negativity. After all, negativity is contagious...but so is HOPE! So is HAPPINESS! So is SUCCESS! So is LOVE! SO is REAL LIVING!

Find some dreamers to surround yourself with. People who will build you up and celebrate your victories....even when you don't see them yourself. Find people who will celebrate you in all of your splendor and glory. And for those who lag behind, BE THEIR EXAMPLE.

I believe in you!

LOVE & LIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment