Reminds me of the whole Hurricane Katrina fiasco. I remember I was working in Journeys in Albany and I wanted to do something. There was this great force in me that just wanted to leave my job and drive over to Louisiana and help the people in need. I remember my dad and everyone telling me to calm down and I couldn't. In the end, we set up a "donation jar" where we asked for donations of change from our customers. We raised a little bit of money....but it was very rewarding.
There are so many people in the world that need help and it's a shame that it takes something like this for them to gain attention. The people of Louisianan were no different, they needed us BEFORE Katrina.
We've got to do better as a people to be individuals who don't just follow the status quot of things. There is power in numbers and WE THE PEOPLE always have the numbers....we just don't always stand up for the things that should be up under our feet.
We must do better~!
LOVE & LIGHT
AND PRAYERS TO THE PEOPLE OF HAITI
No comments:
Post a Comment